Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ice Cream Social dress

This was my contribution to the ice cream social sew-along, although I was a couple of weeks late in entering! It's a little less floral and pretty than other entries but I like it.

The flecked fabric is a navy and white linen, and the gingham is a navy cotton voile. The linen, although I am sure will drive me nuts having to iron (unless I embrace the crushed look!), was great for this dress as the bottom panel weighs down the gingham well. Both fabrics are from Tessuti.

The trim was bought from some lace shop or other in Sham Shui Po in Hong Kong in my insurmountable trim stash, and the button is probably from Tessuti.

4 comments:

Andi said...

I think its very pretty!
Love the little flower button!
Andi x

Shea said...

I love the fabrics you selected! Great dress!

One Flew Over said...

Very sweet and love the new look!

Kate said...

It is gorgeous!
I love the fabrics you have used.
Love, love, love the Noro scarf too.
Have a great week. X