Monday, December 6, 2010

Where on earth have I been???

Before I answer that question, below is the final Beehive block for Karlyn. It was due for October, but I have been a little preoccupied...
I loved making this block, mainly because it looks so spectacular and was easy peasy. So, what have I been up to these last three months? Well, it just so happens that I'm pregnant... 20 weeks to be exact. While I have been lucky this time around with no nausea, I have been tired and wondering where on earth this little one is going to fit in our apartment. So the study is no more, actually it's a no man's land, and we are trying to prepare Brigi for having a little brother. I have been furiously trying to tie up projects (hopefully a post for next week), and find some down time amongst the chaos.

More news... my girl is having her gastrostomy button removed in two days. No more tube feeding. Big relief but I'm a bit scared, it's been a lifeline for so long. So a big week this week, just in time for Christmas. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for us on Wednesday, it's going to be a looooonnnnng day! Bye for now, Bec xoxo

5 comments:

Andi said...

Cute block ... and about time too!!
Good luck with the button removal! I'm sure it will all be fine. Maybe mummy can make her a new button out of pretty fabric? ;)

karlyn Jackson said...

Bec, my block looks gorgeous, A big thank you to you. I will be thinking of you and Brigi on Wed. I hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will. Can't believe you are half way through your pregnancy...so exciting!

Kylie said...

I huge congratulations to you - will be thinking of you next Wednesday and praying that everything goes well for you and your little miss.

Noosa Girl said...

Welcome Back Bec...You have been missed big time. Karlyn's block is very gorgy.
Love to you and Miss B.

Mel said...

Hey Bec congratulations! I'm 21 weeks pregnant with number three! We'd be due not far from each other I guess. I'm having another boy too :)